Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pushrod problem?

I may have a problem with a set of stock type pushrods. These are the ones without the little balls on the end (single piece). One pushrod seems to have lost the end (excessive clearance - worn down?) and another one bent. The motor has a set of HO VS-11 valve springs (don't remember seat pressure but they installed at stock height - 670 head - with the stock retainers and good to .500 lift) and factory 1.65 rocker arms. The cam is a stock 067. Had it set up this way for several years with no problems. No unusual wear marks on pushrods our lifters. Is it possible they fatigued? Anyone have any experience with these? I am concerned that they others may start to fail.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is common as the stock pushrods are for that................ stock. Been there done that........... back in the day.

They just aren't strong enough. Especailly increasing the ramp speed with 1.65 rockers

The 2 weakest links I have found in the Pontiac engine:

Pushrods
Rockers