Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Whipplecharger

Does Whipple make a supercharger big enough for a 475 inch Pontiac?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, the 8.3L 510 would be the charger of choice. Can be purchased axial or radial inlet depending on your install plans. 30lbs internal compression and integrated bypass for part throttle operation. They're designed to fit to standard roots blower manifolds and drives snouts.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 AM

What kind of power are you looking to make? I run the machine shop at Whipple so I can find out answers for ya. I'm going to run a 4.5 liter (275 inch) blower on my 465 poncho. It's way more than enough for my power goal of 1,000hp.
The 510 is more of a strictly race blower...they need to be rebuild often from what I'm told.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Somebody should tell Glen Hunter his 8.3L Whipple is on borrowed time... Think this was his 3rd or 4th drag week in a row! Ran with EFI this year - all fuel in the top.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/...k/viewall.html