THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Yup, getting older and it's not a bad thing

Had kind of an eye opening realization today.

I live in Houston so we have the super bowl this weekend - as we did in '04.

In 2004 you couldn't keep my then fiancé and I from every party in town. We were living in an apartment and went everywhere we could looking for some sort of action.

Fast forward to 2017.. two kids, two houses, three jobs and several cars later here we are.

I was in Chicago this week and decided to check into hotels for downtown Houston - I was able to cash in some Marriott points at a nice hotel downtown and get a room Thurs night. Had the wife bring the kids down and we basically hung out and met players. We met several pro bowlers and it worked out great- just as I planned. I'm not a Cowboy fan but Dak and Jason Witten really made my kids feel special. Spent today at the NFL Experience and NFL Live. Met more players- did a few more events.

Came home and got an invite from a co-worker to go to a high end party tomorrow afternoon. Famous people, expensive free drinks, lots of $$. 10 years ago I would jump at this chance!! Famous people, money, attention- that sounds like exactly where I belong!

But.... tomorrow my oldest daughter has a game that I can't miss. My younger daughter has cheer practice tomorrow as well; If I go out tomorrow I won't have time to get everything for the super bowl get together, I really want to get the seats in the Blazer, have a lot of work dinners this week so really need to go to the gym sat/sun... and probably need to do some yard work.

Quite the difference from 2004... I wouldn't ever have guessed this is where I would be. I wouldn't turn down a chance to meet JJ Watt to go to a church league basketball game!

I tried to talk myself into going- really did. At the end of the day the ones I need to impress are at basketball and cheer practice not random people at some big time party.

Sorry for the rambling... I was just amazed at how much better I felt after I decided not to go. Completely opposite of what would have happened 10-12 years ago

Old 02-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Priorities change my friend. Just wait until the grandkids come along.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

value is in the eye of the beholder...

you value family more than opportunities for possessions or fame...congratulations.. youre a grown up..lol

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
value is in the eye of the beholder...

you value family more than opportunities for possessions or fame...congratulations.. youre a grown up..lol
Absolutely...

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-04-2017, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

The most important things in life are not things....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 02-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yez it is amazing and go just a little older to completely missing the NFL season, the entire TV sports programming, and then (a little more older) no cable/Dish TV.

It's gonna be like the people in front of ya, the dogs, the chickens, and an old car or two.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Seems everyone goes through it eventually. I just thought it was interesting because it is literally exactly what I would have wanted last time the super bowl was here.

I've heard you are a different person every 10 years- guess it's true. Check that- glad it's true.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well my noble plans didn't go as planned...

Wife found out JJ Watt was going to be there so that changed things. Grandparents came in - we all went to the game and then the wife and I went to the party. It was fun, drank too much and met a lot of people. Got everything done except the seats in the Blazer...

Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Well........ Got everything done except the seats in the Blazer...

And just what does that even mean?