Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 AM

Getting my dual exhaust installed today by a local shop decided to go with stock manifolds (pontiac 400) 2.5 pipe through x pipe to super turbo muffs 2.25 from muffs to new quarter exit splitters. I asked the shop to use the factory hanger locations, I also asked if they could route the down pipe to clear the oil filter better than the stock setup. I also have f41 bars for the front subframe that I couldnt install the LH side due to the factory downpipe hitting it. I ask the shop to see if they could work the new down pipe around that somehow. I also was wondering if they can reuse the cat converter brackets(by tranny tailshaft) I supplied them with 2 to support the new pipes ahead of the X for better support Let me know what you think of this plan engine is pontiac 400 030 over summit 2800 edelbbrock performer thm350/1500 stall with 256 gears daily driver Thanks for feedback. Dan

Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 AM

Getting my dual exhaust installed today by a local shop decided to go with stock manifolds (pontiac 400) 2.5 pipe through x pipe to super turbo muffs 2.25 from muffs to new quarter exit splitters. I asked the shop to use the factory hanger locations, I also asked if they could route the down pipe to clear the oil filter better than the stock setup. I also have f41 bars for the front subframe that I couldnt install the LH side due to the factory downpipe hitting it. I ask the shop to see if they could work the new down pipe around that somehow. I also was wondering if they can reuse the cat converter brackets(by tranny tailshaft) I supplied them with 2 to support the new pipes ahead of the X for better support Let me know what you think of this plan engine is pontiac 400 030 over summit 2800 edelbbrock performer thm350/1500 stall with 256 gears daily driver Thanks for feedback. Dan

Old 05-26-2005, 07:49 PM

New exhaust is in and sounds great! Although the shop could not massage the LH downpipe enough to clear my f41 subframe support bar. It probably is not an issue on chevy f-body application with sbc. otherwise the super turbos tucked up under the rear seat nice good enough ground clearance and nice chrome dual functional splitters. idle is rumbly, during acceleration sounds strong like a muscle car should and most of all while cruising there is no drone or resonance vibration. How much improved engine efficiency should I expect with this change from a stock single exhaust system?

Old 05-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Since running with the new exhaust system last couple of days noticed the idle is up just a smidge, I though I remember reading that going from single stock to true duals would affect the carb calibration is this what I am experiencing? My next change to the car is the open shaker and K&N 1590 how much should that affect my combo 400 030 over summit 2800 w/performer THM350 1500 stall 256 rear daily driver. Thanks for feedback Dan