Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Senior Chief

Default ac switch??

hello.. where is the ac switch in my 66 gto?? how do do set the heater control panel,so the ac compressor starts??

yesterday i tryed ,but i could not get the ac comp to start.. if i know where the controllers should be in the heater control panel,i can troubleshoot from there..

car is a 66 gto,with factory ac

Old 04-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a two prong flat switch just to the rear of the clutch on the compressor. One lead is to ground there, the other runs to hot on the controls.

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Suspended

ac switch for compressor is on the panel center of dash where the blower switch and temp levers are. it is mounted onto that panel, can be seen from the back. Very rare for that switch to fail, usually it is a wire or a fuse issue. put test lamp at compressor connector on the hot lead. one of the those two wires run up thru firewall. The other is a short wire which grounds on compressor. is the ground good? no power on other lead, check that lever is in AC position, like inside or outside, fuse is good in fuse block, wiring around relay is tight, not burnt, relay is good, relay ground thru case is good, and lastly fuse at alt is good and two wire connector around relay is tight. all this is well described with diagram in factory service manual. Did you check there?