Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default Barn find wagon

[IMG][/IMG]My new project. Typical 79Y, automatic car. A good look over, new fluids and prime, and we may see if she runs saturday.

Any leads on a back window (has plexiglass,it is curved glass)and taillight bezel would be appreciated!!

Who says you can't find these cars anymore? Found on tucson craigslist.

1962 Skylark convertible 215 4-barrel , auto
2009 G8 Sport red metallic, Onyx leather
Whatever else that make my way into the driveway
Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 AM

Really cool . . . what are your plans for it.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Chief

Scott, definitely not enough details for a guy like you. Quit holding back Did you go down to Tucson and trailer it back? What's the car's history? How much did it set you back? What are its pros and cons? And what's that book sitting on the fender?

Chuck

Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking Our new toys!!!!!!!!!!

Ok everyone here is the real skinny!!!!!!! Yes, azkeebler does have a new project car!!! And so do I!!!!!!!!! Here are the pics!!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

The first 7 pics is my "NEW" 61 Wagon!!!!, Then 4 pics of Scotts LOADED 62 wagon & last pic is my 61 daily driver parked in the street in front of Scotts Dads house in Tucson!!!

The deal was, the owner wouldnt seperate the cars!!! Both or nothing!!! Scott called/emailed me about the cars. They were on Craigs list in Tucson for a very reasonable price. Scott bought both cars, I bought the 61 from him & we are both very happy!!!!!! His will be staying in Tucson for a while & I will be bringing mine home some time this week. Both cars are very complete but need a lot of work to put back in service. Both were built at the southgate plant in Cali. Both are 4 cyl 1bbl automatic cars. The 61 is pretty complete. Biggest thing missing is the grills & I have some to put on so no big deal!! My plans for this car is to fix all the running gear/drivetrain, register, insurance & drive the tires off of it!!!!!!!! The 62 needs some pieces but is also very complete. Has luggage rack, push button radio, full outer trim package, etc, etc.

I want to thank Scott again for letting me in on this deal!!! I have been wanting a 61 wagon for some time!!! I was getting tired of my machinest b!tching every time he had to help me lift a block out of my trunk!! With a wagon, problem solved!!!! Cant wait to start working on it!!!!!

Keith

POCI.org
Old 07-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Cool deal Keith!

looks like the '62 is Ensign blue? and the '61 is Tradewind blue or possibly Seacrest Green?

Steve
Hosting -
* Apache County Motorsports day Sat August 29 St Johns, Az
* Maricopa Motorsports Day Sat Octorber 17, 2009 Maricopa, Az
* 12th annual Pontiac Heaven March 27, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip
* 8th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! Sunday March 28, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip
make plans to attend

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Gotta Love that AZ Sheetmetal....

Old 07-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Both cars have been painted at one time. The 61 is originally a "CC" car, Shelltone Ivory & has been painted a light blue. I dont remember what the code is on the 62.

POCI.org
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Too cool! Thanks for sharing, guys.

I picked up a '61 wagon in my favorite color combination: Dawnfire Mist/Shelltone Ivory:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_6725--61 Pontiac R. side.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	175281   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_6726-1961 PONT. front.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	175282   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_6727--61 Pont.left S..jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	175283   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_6728-Pont. tail end.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	175284   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa_1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	175285  

Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Keith , I'd be cool if you repaint the wagon its orignal white with blue int. That's the same color combo as my 61 Catalina Safari. It would be like big and little brother when parked together.

Steve
Hosting -
* Apache County Motorsports day Sat August 29 St Johns, Az www.apachecountymotorsportsday.org
* Maricopa Motorsports Day Sat Octorber 17, 2009 Maricopa, Az
* 12th annual Pontiac Heaven March 27, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip
* 8th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! Sunday March 28, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
make plans to attend

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Suspended

the roof rack is priceless..makes the wagon way too cool..neat..

Old 07-19-2009, 12:38 PM

Darn, where arwe you guys finding these little gems . . . So cool!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Senior Chief

thats soooo cool!!!!!!!!! id give up my 63 coupe, 66 GTO pro street ,75 hurst olds , trailer ,tow vehicle everything for a 63 wagon. lol. wagons rule!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx421 View Post
thats soooo cool!!!!!!!!! id give up my 63 coupe, 66 GTO pro street ,75 hurst olds , trailer ,tow vehicle everything for a 63 wagon. lol. wagons rule!
Tempest or full size?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
Tempest or full size?
63 tempest wagon

Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx421 View Post
Urrrr, I might take you up on that deal.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Senior Chief

Default It's too hot for dry heat to matter!!

Hi everyone! I apologize for not replying earlier. Keith, thank you for jumping in with details for everyone!!

My plans were basically duplicating Hootsk. Get her running enough to DRIVE her home to Manteca (only 900 miles). This won't be anytime real soon. The car will stay with my father until the paperwork and driveability gets squared away. If this motor and drivetrain doesn't operate, I'd bring down my spares at a later time.

Keith has some interesting plans for his!! I can't wait to see his get built!

It looks as if my car has been running the most recent of the two. Keith and I noticed mine still had brake fluid in the master cylinder, and it has pedal pressure, but feels too solid to be the operating pressure. Regardlesss, the brakes will be gone through. Neither cars had all the correct original rims, so we both have to find rims and tires for them. Have rims and tires from my old Dodge pick-up mounted just enough to get them on the flatbed to get them to my father's. My car has the paint code of BC. I assume this means Cameo ivory on both top and bottom? I don't see "B" on my '62 color chart. My car was missing the horn button, but I purchased a mint one from Keith. Beautiful piece!!

It has been way to freakin' hot here to really do anything to the wagons.(108-115 degree days)It was at least 112 when Keith bared the heat and came down to see them in his beautiful '61 with no A/C. Personally, I though he was nuts!! But just another great car guy!! I made keys for them already, and dug through the treasures in the crevices and holes of mine, but nothing of great, great finds.The luggage rack is pretty cool, Tin Tigr. Can't seem to get it to sit right, but I'll figure it out.

Keith's is very complete, including the rear emblem, jack spring and hardware being in the car. His is missing the grills and sunvisors. Is has a real rare aftermarket addition, fur dash!! Looks like cookie monster threw up!! It seems to come off easily and actually preserved the paint beneath. His even has some A/C parts that he determined may have been fitted from another donor car, since his motor turns out to be a '62. Both missing the air cleaner hardware,correct rims,hubcaps, and Jacks. Both hoods have the typical kinking issues. Oh well. As inexpensive as we purchased these, they were a score even if the engines turn out to be unrepairable.

Scott M, that is a very nice color combo and condition of wagon you have there as well. Very nice!! I envy somewhat selling the '61 wagon to Keith because I love the '61 front , but the '61 was meant for him, and I surely do not have room for it at home, nor the finances to build both. My '62 will fit in nicely alongside my convertible.

I am debating on paint color of mine. It looks fine the way it is now, but when I repaint it, Cameo isn't exactly my idea of color I want on it. Too nice for the retro rat rod look I originally intended. Even thought of more modern paint and interior scheme, but for now, It will remain the way it is.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, Double check your paint code. It may be FC, Yorktown Blue poly/ Cameo Ivory. That would fit the current colors on the car. If it was white top & bottom, the code would be CC.

POCI.org
Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Chief

Default Heat gone to my head

Hi Keith,

Yep, you were right. Had to recheck the codes. They turn out to be CC. BC was the body code. Funny how heat makes you see something else. Still a four cylinder though, no 215 or 326 illusions, bummer.

Anywho, pulled the plugs this morning. They all look very nice. Squirted plent of marvel mystery in all the cylnders and down the intake. I'm going to drain the oil over night.After I change the oil and filter, I will spin the motor over by hand after I prime it. If all seems well, I'll try firing it up with fuel from a gas can. Probably won't be for a couple more days. Have other priorities I need to take care of here.

Keith, I believe I found your shift knob in my car,too. I'll put it on for you.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Wouldn't it be easier (and probably cheaper) to just find a shipper on UShip.com to move this car from CA to AZ, as opposed to trying to drive it?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Hey guys. I've shipped plenty of these things over the last couple years. Depending on where in Ca & AZ . . . more than likely around $500.00 Considering the drive, gas, unforseen issues and the wear and tear, it is cheap and your nerves will thank you when the truck pulls up. Make sure it is a company rig versus an IPC (outside contractor). You will even get insurance. Just my two cents!