Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Default Correct seat belt installation??

When I bought my 67, it did not come with seat belts. I recently purchased a real nice set of 67 deluxe front and rear belts. Here's my questions.

What is the proper installation of the front retractor and buckle. When the retractor is bolted to the floor and the belt extended, do the date tags face up or down? Same question for the front buckle end, is the date tag facing toward the hump or toward the floor.

Again for the rears...when sitting in the rear seat, are the buckles on the right or left side and what is the proper direction of the date tags....up or down?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You want to set them up so that when you are sitting they wrap around you & buckle with no twist, belts should run flat from floor and around user.
Of course that would be buckel face up.
The rear is set up with the buckle ends both in the center and run the same way.
no twisting.

Per the fisher manual.

Hope this make sence & helps

Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin View Post
You want to set them up so that when you are sitting they wrap around you & buckle with no twist, belts should run flat from floor and around user.
Of course that would be buckel face up.
The rear is set up with the buckle ends both in the center and run the same way.
no twisting.

Per the fisher manual.

Hope this make sence & helps
Thanks Jeff, that's helps with the rears that the buckle ends are in the center of the seat, but still a little confused on the fronts.

I'm sure there is a right and left side floor mounted retractor and the same for the buckle end. Just trying to figure which is which.

When I position a retractor on the drivers side, the belt rolls off of the right side of the retractor reel and the date tag is facing down. I believe that this is the correct position for the LH side retractor and I'm guessing that the buckle end would follow suit...date tag facing down when installed, nice flow over the seat, no twists.

Just trying to get a sanity check before I proceed with the install.

If some one could check their install and get back to me that would be very helpful.

I've attached a pic to show what I'm trying to describe on the position of the retractor end rolling off of the reel.

Looking at the pic, I believe that the retractor on the left is the drivers side just going by the way it would roll off of the reel.

Comments??

Thanks,
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat belt.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	168701  

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wayne,
The way you have them shown is opp of install.
You want the belts to roll/pull up/out on the outward side(against door)

Old 05-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Jeff,
Thanks for the help. Just have to wait for my new retractor covers to come in, paint to match and install.......

Thanks again!!

Wayne

Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good luck on the install. I don't believe you can get the male part of the buckle thru the opening of the cover. Most peope cut the belt, and re-sew after running the fabric thru the opening.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 AM

I agree with you A-body......looks like a trip to my local re-upholstery shop is in order.