Old 08-07-2024, 02:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Trophy 4 Head, 4bbl Intake and Carb?

I hope this is acceptable here. If not, I apologize.

I am just curious how desirable a head and 4bbl intake/carb for a trophy 4 would be. I have a gentleman wanting to sell me these parts and I am considering them if for no other reason than possibly to have some parts for trading stock. The part all look to be in pretty good condition.

I'd appreciate any advice. I don't usually mess with 4 cylinders so I am in new territory here.

Old 08-07-2024, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

intake and carb could be worth having.head not so much.Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2024, 11:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
intake and carb could be worth having.head not so much.Tom
Any suggestion on a value range? I think he wants $150 for the intake and carb.

Old 08-07-2024, 11:55 AM

Since you’re here mainly interested in pricing parts or selling parts I’ll say there’s not much if any meat on the bone.

Shipping costs will stifle interest in anything that’s heavy and bulky. Unfortunately the days of cheap or reasonable shipping costs are long gone, I’m glad I sold my cylinder heads and intakes many years ago because of this fact.

Even if someone gave you them for free I doubt there’s much money to be made.

They’re unique but not popular engines, finding a local buyer who won’t cringe once they see the shipping costs is probably your best hope of making a deal on those.

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2024, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing to keep in mind on parts like these, is that the throttle arm, throttle rod, and/or connected linkage from the 4bbl to the gas pedal is most likely worth as much $ or more than the manifold and the carb.

Those linkage parts are often long gone on an intake and carb as used parts w/o the engine and no longer in the car. Once they are not present with the set-up it would be impossible today to find those small pieces by themselves. The ones for the 4 bbl carb are totally different than the standard 1 bbl version to the throttle linkage for the 195 ci 4 cylinder engine in the early 60s small body Tempest.