Old 05-24-2024, 03:44 PM

Default NOS 1969-70 RA IV Rocker Arm Barrel Nuts, Lock Nuts, PAL Lock Nuts, Oil Deflectors

$2000.00 includes free shipping from Waldorf, MD to mainland 48 states. HI, PR, AK $25.00 extra. NO RETURNS. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

ALL NOS. Super rare. There are no other listings on the planet for these ultra rare 1969-70 RAM AIR IV ONLY valve train rocker arm assembly fasteners. These components are required for a proper synchronization of a factory perfect RA IV engine. Fits 1969 and 1970 GTOs and Trans Ams with Factory RA IV engines.

4 NOS oil deflectors also known as drip rails.
16 NOS barrel nuts
16 NOS locking nuts
16 NOS PAL aircraft style lock nuts to secure the oil deflectors

Installation procedures are located in the 1970 Pontiac Service manual for the RA IV engine; follow specific torque specs for each part.

Assembly.
1. The 1.6 ratio rocker arms and half moon balls are secured on the rocker arm stud. RA IV Push rods are installed simultaneously.
2. The barrel nut is threaded on first to the rocker arm stud and half moon ball.
3. The lock nut is threaded and used to lock the barrel nut.
4. The oil deflectors are secured on top of the lock nuts with the PAL nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8301.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	634225   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8307 - Copy (2).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	634226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8304.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	634227   Click image for larger version

Name:	View recent photos.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	634229   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8317.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	634230  

Last edited by Judges4u; 05-24-2024 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Ed
Old 05-25-2024, 09:54 AM

I was just curious. I saw your ad and was wondering how long you have had this set. A couple of years ago, I traded two or three NOS sets to a well-known RAV guy for some V parts I needed to complete my build. All the sets I had were NOS as well and included the extra-long factory rocker studs. I kept one set for my motor since they are the same as the RAVs except for the drippers. As you stated in your ad, these are very hard to find items.

Old 05-25-2024, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSuchma View Post
I was just curious. I saw your ad and was wondering how long you have had this set. A couple of years ago, I traded two or three NOS sets to a well-known RAV guy for some V parts I needed to complete my build. All the sets I had were NOS as well and included the extra-long factory rocker studs. I kept one set for my motor since they are the same as the RAVs except for the drippers. As you stated in your ad, these are very hard to find items.
I've had this set since June 2008 (I have the original plastic bag with the date) that came with an 1970 NOS RA IV SR block and set of NOS RA IV 614 heads, springs, cam, lifters, valves, push rods etc. I think Lance Kramer may be one of a few collectors with NOS components like these.

Old 05-26-2024, 01:14 AM

Back in 2013 a few forum members made an effort to duplicate these parts; I'm not sure how successful they were. Bulletproof (Scott Walters) was one of the members coordinating the effort. You can canvas him for more insight on their endeavor to manufacture these rare RA IV valve train components.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judges4u View Post
I've had this set since June 2008 (I have the original plastic bag with the date) that came with an 1970 NOS RA IV SR block and set of NOS RA IV 614 heads, springs, cam, lifters, valves, push rods etc. I think Lance Kramer may be one of a few collectors with NOS components like these.
Lance got the sets I had. In fact, he got all the NOS RAIV parts I had. He also helped me get some of the ultra-rare pieces I needed for my RAV.

Old 05-26-2024, 02:49 PM

I kind of thought you were working with Lance. He is one of the few honest people on the planet who has components like these. I’ve seen Lance’s stash of components.; VERY impressive. He worked very hard and spent most of his earnings as a youngster at the Pontiac dealership where he was a parts counter guy to buy all of those components. People complain about his prices, but I always received the best original NOS components from Lance and that is peace of mind in my book. I prefer to deal with somebody who’s honest like Lance. It’s peace of mind and you know you’re dealing with a real knowledgeable, highly professional individual and that’s a rare commodity in this hobby/business. Lance was instrumental in helping me a few times with the rare Judge cars I owned. He once offered to sell me a complete NOS ram air V motor for $50K and I wish now I had bought the complete package!

Old 05-26-2024, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judges4u View Post
I kind of thought you were working with Lance. He is one of the few honest people on the planet who has components like these. I’ve seen Lance’s stash of components.; VERY impressive. He worked very hard and spent most of his earnings as a youngster at the Pontiac dealership where he was a parts counter guy to buy all of those components. People complain about his prices, but I always received the best original NOS components from Lance and that is peace of mind in my book. I prefer to deal with somebody who’s honest like Lance. It’s peace of mind and you know you’re dealing with a real knowledgeable, highly professional individual and that’s a rare commodity in this hobby/business. Lance was instrumental in helping me a few times with the rare Judge cars I owned. He once offered to sell me a complete NOS ram air V motor for $50K and I wish now I had bought the complete package!
I agree with everything you stated! Yes........you should have grabbed it for that price!

The Following User Says Thank You to JSuchma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2024, 06:10 PM

Reduced to $1750.00 free shipping to CONUS 48 states. PR, HI, AK $10.00 extra

Old 06-12-2024, 11:57 PM

Reduced to $1500.00 plus shipping