View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom - the tripower specifications have been available in the master books as mentioned by chrisp for years. The books were available by subscription to mechanics attending GM schools.

While I cannot speak for either Dick or Mike, I can state publishing these will certainly not harm my business.

An ongoing issue on these (on any other car parts) are supersessions. Rochester would replace a part with a different part, and the new part would show up in the revised specification page. There was a thread on throttle body gaskets with this issue on these forums a few years ago.

I believe you are aware that I posted carb id numbers and casting numbers for the tripower on my website years ago. You are welcome to that information.

For me, the biggest challenge when I was still doing carbs on the tripowers were the various special fittings. We reproduced several of those with more common usage, and even had tooling produced so I could machine inverted flare fittings for those with insufficient usage for mass reproduction.

If your information can provide usage, and especially pictures, of the special fittings, it would be a boon to anyone playing with these.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.