Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not much news to report.

After a lot of research, finally ordered headlights...Dapper LED Seven with OE glass option and no halo. I wanted more light but also wanted to avoid having to add relays and modify the buckets...and I didn't want anything that would look more at home on a space ship. These should fit the bill, but I'll know for sure when they arrive in 4-8 weeks.

Also ordered sound system components...wanted simple, and non-obtrusive. RetroSound Long Beach, 4x10 stereo dash speaker, Kicker 4 channel amp, Alpine 6x9s (to be bottom mounted under the package tray), and an Infinity powered sub that will fit under one of the seats.

I was thinking about running a Momo Prototipo steering wheel...look very similar to a Formula wheel, but decided to try one of those leather wrapped Formula wheels from Lecarra since I already have everything I need to install it (the Momo requires an adaptor).

Dropped off my headers to be ceramic coated...titanium finish, which is medium dark grey with faint silver metallic. They're going to do my clutch fan as well (but in black). I like ceramic coating on a cooling fan (rather than regular powder coating) because it's very thin.

Wiring kit is in. I'll be picking up the side windows and windshield from Pilkington tomorrow...still waiting on the rear window.