View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I finally have my car back on the road and have put a couple hundred miles on it. Suspension wise, I installed 4 KYB gas shocks and a 1" rear stabilizer bar that bolted to the lower control arms. The bar I used was spec'd for a 68-72 A body car. I filled the lower control arms with a 1.750" square aluminum bar 8" long. Marked and drilled the holes and bolted it in. Took a couple hours. After driving a few hundred miles, the difference is night and day from what I had. The car corners so much better, it's almost like a different car. At speed without the bar, the car felt like the frame was going to separate from the body or like the frame was actually bending. With the bar, the car feels much like a 69-71 Grand Prix without the disc brakes. I did not change the rear springs like I intended, because the new springs were about 1" shorter than the old ones and the same wire diameter. So I put the old ones back in.

I am happy enough with the handling now, I am going to leave the front suspension alone for now. As mentioned in another thread, my goal is to put a couple thousand miles on this bathtub intake and get used to how it behaves. So far, after about 500 miles on the street, all I can say is bring lots of gasoline. Going to actually test the mileage but my gut feeling is 10 MPG in mixed driving. Driveability, off idle response and starting all excellent as well as idle quality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: