Thread: Hood stuck
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks tstroud

I had cleaned it pretty well and it seemed to be working freely but I don't have a new one as a reference for comparison.

I just pulled it out and by hand, it all works as I think it should. I can manually pull the lever and retract the safety catch all the way to its stop.

I don't know how much effort this should take, and it does seem a little difficult, but that is more about the leverage/geometry and not because anything is bound up.

Is the gap indicated in this photo typical? It doesn't appear there's any significant wear or bent parts so I think it's probably normal:

Does the hole in this lever arm need a bushing? I think maybe it does and the slop between the rod and this hole may allow the rod to bend and/or just not pull well on the lever. The rod is ~1/4" and the hole is ~5/16". I think I'll run to the hardware store tomorrow and find a flanged metal or plastic bushing to put in there.

There is a bushing in the radiator support that guides the rod so it makes sense for there to be one in the actuator hole.

And do I have that clip on right? I suspect the "ear" goes on the outside but I don't think that would affect the latch operation.

And finally, is the actuator rod supposed to have this bend in it or are they straight? Mine is obviously bent now, just not sure it's designed that way.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230830_174711 2 1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	619132   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230830_174750 1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	619133   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230830_174722 2.jpg