View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 07:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Also verify that your mechanical secondary butterflies (in the carb's base) are opening all the way when the gas pedal is floored and that there is not a lockout on the carb that is sticking. Many qjets have that lockout to keep you from flooring it when the engine is cold. There are two lockout possibilities - one on the butterflies and another on the air flap. We usually disable both of those.
I verified that the butterflies are fully opening a few days ago as that came across my mind as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
You mention that you don't hear the 'roar' of the secondaries when you floor it? No roar at all, or is it muffled but still there, just not as loud as you think is should be? The later TAs had that plate blocking the scoop specifically because of the roar we all love. There were noise restrictions and it couldn't be too loud, so Pontiac closed off the scoops starting in 1973. Thankfully, most of those block-off plates have magically been removed.....

Good luck!
Probably more my imagination then anything. The shaker is open; the block of plate is on hinges but nothing holding it shut so it stays open all the time.

I'll have to get it up in the air and start from the front and go over the fuel lines to see if maybe there is something in that regard.

Thanks for the information.