View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok, so earlier, up above in this thread, I posted a youtube link to a car with a 462 Pontiac and the 704 voodoo camshaft. I later stated that I had talked to the owner of that car and he confirmed that he was running the 704 on a 112 seperation, instead of the normal 110°. After doing much more research, I have now found out he is a member here, and goes by "ponchjoe", and found a post from back in 2018 where he had just finished installing that 704 camshaft, and provided the very same link that I had posts above. He states at that time, that his 704 has the 110° seperation, not a big deal at all, but that changes my outlook on the 704 on a 112 seperation thinking, because I think his car sounds great, without being over the top for a street car, so now I'm pretty well set on the normal 704 VooDoo on the 110° seperation. Here is the quote from where he was talking about it back then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchjoe View Post
I thought I would share the sound clip to my 462 with the Voodoo 704 on a 110. There’s a lot of cam recomendation threads here so I thought the sound clip would be a welcome addition. The 2.5 exhaust is RA manifolds with a Pypes X and Race Pros.

https://youtu.be/oPlC13g4BCo

Thanks to Paul (gtofreek) for the recommendation and Paul K for the Hylift Johnson’s