Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A lot of folks end up buying options they don't use or need.
I used to get asked every year to pull hay balers when there was a crunch due to rain. I NEVER took the loader off, and could have. The Only real reason for the loader to come off is a front mounted Snowblower, which is HUGE $ ON utility tractors.
People I know prefer the pedal set up of the Ford, kioti,and Deere. The heal toe deal with the brake to slip off isn't popular.
Brakes. While I prefer dual brakes for back dragging on a crowned surface. Not many people use them .
You want at least a 61" bucket.
On the 25 hp tractors you can block off the EGR pipe at the exhaust manifold and gain some power and cause NO codes, No harm. I hate masks too LOL.
LOADING rear tires with beet juice Can cost $$ 600 for 43" Tires ( my current rear optional tires).
Some Ford/Fiat NH dealers that have a machine might Include this in sale, thats big..
Things to try out are turning radius, the seat adj.
The ability to curl while lifting.
A MSL loader is a huge upgrade to consider if you use forks, and you will. Mine are on most the time and there's 10 ft snow banks. Only bucket when I have to.
Lots to consider..

Last edited by Formulabruce; 01-20-2022 at 08:04 PM.