Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Yanmar ?

" If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated "

Don't know why, but I just noticed this statement. Gave me a quick flashback to my dirt trackin days. The car pictured was an ugly, HEAVY Chevelle. But it was Pontiac powered. Got several top 5 finishes.

I definitely always brought some home with me. Without tear-offs, you wouldn't be able to see the track, after a couple of laps. On a wet track, it was easy to use 10 tear-offs or more in a heat race.

Anyhow, back to the Yanmar. I'm not aware of even knowing about Yanmar tractors, 'til this century. I suppose I first heard about 'em online.

And when I heard that name, it didn't make me wanna go check 'em out. Hey, I was raised with names like Allis Chamlers, Ford, Ferguson, Case, IH, & JD.

When I went tractor shopping, back in somewhere around '07 or so. I first went to look at Fords, since that's what I'd used for the past 40+ years. To my surprise, there was no longer a tractor named Ford. I didn't know anything about computers or the internet back then. Just went to what had always been a Ford dealer, & found New Holland tractors. Still blue, but with a new(to me) name.

Just found out that Fiat bought Ford tractors in 1990, then phased out the Ford name.

https://www.anglo-agriparts.com/ford...actors-history

Anyhow, just went online to locate Yanmar dealers in my area. Got 'em @ 40, 60, & 80 miles away. They have a 10 year powertrain warranty ! They're offering a discount of some sort for prior military service. If I was in the market, I'd go take a look. Hey, I might go anyhow. As they say: " Don't cost nothin to look."

https://www.yanmartractor.com/produc...-series/sa424/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Car .jpg
Views:	76
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	582266   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - Helmet .jpg
Views:	65
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	582267