Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
Made the trip to a used tractor dealer today about an hour away. I spent some time with a B2601 and an L2501.

I liked both of them but the L2501 kills it with loader work. There were 20' high piles of snow in the parking to work with. The smaller tractors platform is pretty small and I had trouble hitting the diff-loc as my knee was already bent back pretty far from the low seat position. It also had tiny brake pedals compared to the L2501.

The L2501 is a LOT more tractor in ever area and the hydraulics responded nearly twice as fast. It would work well for what I do here but no impressed with it in the "H" range just not enough power. That wouldn't really matter as I never go down the road anyhow and all the work would be in L range moving logs, dirt, gravel, etc.

The only reason I didn't buy that L2501 today is that it comes with no warranty and nearly the cost of a new one. Right now there are some nice discounts on the new ones plus zero interest so I can use their money instead of mine so leaning that direction.......
Korean Made Branson tractors have a lot of value for the money and the FEL specs are well above the others in the 25 HP class. plus they weigh ~3000lb before mounting up the loader.
diesel engines are Kukji who bought out the Onan diesels then the design was joint modified by Cummins. They are an IDI engine, I do prefer a direct injected engine though- the IDI's tend to have a lot of rattle at idle

Simple non computer controlled diesel engine. 3 range hydro with cruise control
the syncro shuttle model is fully syncroed both the range and gear shift
PTO is independent
They also come with a fully adjustable suspension seat

Here is a spread sheet comparison with others

https://www.kenotractors.com/wp-cont...ison-Chart.pdf

Branson is small dealers mainly- so there is that danger compared with say Deere or Kubota

We got some snow the other day to plow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220107_150315018.LS_exported_74.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	582228  

Last edited by 455dan; 01-19-2022 at 12:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 455dan For This Useful Post: