Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Made the trip to a used tractor dealer today about an hour away. I spent some time with a B2601 and an L2501.

I liked both of them but the L2501 kills it with loader work. There were 20' high piles of snow in the parking to work with. The smaller tractors platform is pretty small and I had trouble hitting the diff-loc as my knee was already bent back pretty far from the low seat position. It also had tiny brake pedals compared to the L2501.

The L2501 is a LOT more tractor in ever area and the hydraulics responded nearly twice as fast. It would work well for what I do here but no impressed with it in the "H" range just not enough power. That wouldn't really matter as I never go down the road anyhow and all the work would be in L range moving logs, dirt, gravel, etc.

The only reason I didn't buy that L2501 today is that it comes with no warranty and nearly the cost of a new one. Right now there are some nice discounts on the new ones plus zero interest so I can use their money instead of mine so leaning that direction.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post: