Thread: Oiling Turbo
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
I'm a newb to the Turbo scene but helping my son with adding a turbo to his DD. Question regarding oiling turbo.
I believe we will be taking the oil feed from a port that feeds the oil pressure sending switch (install a T so retain switch function) but not sure about the return. Not a big deal to drop oil pan and put in a fitting but is there an easier/better way? Thanks
Oil Feed to the turbo needs a -4 aeroquip (teflon liner) preferred. If using copper tubing then you want a tube with at least .125" inside diameter.
You can hook it up at the oil filter adaptor or at the Oil Passage Plug next to the distributor. Next to the distributor will have less heat transmitted to the tubing.

As far as the drain goes. Taking the Water Pump/Timing Cover off is easier that the oil pan and you can drill a oil return hole in the Timing Cover in the Timing Chain / Mechanical Fuel Pump area. Which side are you putting the Turbo on? I have seen Turbos drains installed in either side of the Timing Cover.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.