View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
The fans go wild because the Dale Jr fans believe Logano knocked their hero out of the chase. Remember all the Jr fans pelting Logano with beer cans after his win?

They're happy because they feel JL knocked Jr out of the chase and what Kenseth did vindicated their hero.

If you've never been at a NASCAR race in person, when Jr gets the lead the stands go wild. By the same token when he loses the lead they all collectively sigh. I've never been able to hear it very well on TV, but if your there in person you can't miss it. These are the same people that were cheering Kenseth after he wrecked Logano, they aren't Kenseth fans, they're Jr fans. The field was under yellow or red so it wasn't being drowned out by the cars is why it was so loud.

Same group of people that have made death threats to Sterling Marlin when Dale Sr was killed in 2001. Since then there have been death threats to other drivers that either accidentally or intentionally have had on track encounters with Jr. You've heard announcers talk about "The Jr Nation" and it's real, and it's huge.

Just an FYI, 71% of the fans polled today seem to think Kenseth's move was justified. Just 29% thought he was wrong, I'm going with the 29%. You'll notice that all the former race car drivers/commentators were livid about what Kenseth did, and felt there was NO justification in what he did to retaliate. Again, most people that have a connection with racing on the participation level feel it was dangerous and uncalled for. If the racing community was polled I'm sure the stats would be opposite of fan polls.
Was watching the replay of the from the Kenseth/Lagano wreck last week during today's race. The camera pans to fans in the stands cheering after Kenseth dumps Logano. Just for my own curiosity I stopped the action, and guess what number was on their shirts? Yep it was 88, the fans that were jumping up and down cheering and clapping were Jr fans, imagine that.................

Naw all that cheering wasn't from Jr fans, yeah right.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated