View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 09:06 AM

After more than 20 years, and watching or going to nearly every race in that span, I have just stopped being a fan of NASCAR. For Matt to be penalized and Harvick to get away with what he did, the message is clear, NASCAR plays favorites and has variable rules depending who is the alleged criminal and who is the victim. Admittedly, I purposely did not watch the Martinsville race, so I don't know what was going on at the time of the crash.

There seems to be something against Kenseth. After he won his championship, NASCAR changed the points system. His winning quietly did not fit their mold. They eventually came up with this ridiculous format that awards inconsistency. As has been said throughout this thread, drivers who have had great seasons statistically did not make the chase. While drivers who might win one road course race, and being back markers at others, do make the chase.

From the many fans I have spoken with through this decline, most have the listed the following reasons for giving up on the sport.

1. Debris cautions!
2. Race control controlling the outcome of the race.
3. Chase format.
4. Debris cautions. 2x
5. Inconsistent application of rules.
6. Cookie cutter cars; no brand identity.
7. Drivers aren't allowed to speak their mind without getting penalized.

I'd like to see other's list as to what is killing the sport.

The last race I purposely did not watch was in 2001 when Bobby Hamilton won at Talledega. Fox had put the race on tape delay because of a Yankee game!