View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
I was gonna post the same thing yesterday but decided to delete it. I agree with you 100%.

Also, add that Kenseth clearly moved out to Logano's rear quarter right before the start/finish line and stayed there. Kenseth was the one giving no room, pinned Logano against the wall.

What the spotter was saying was meaningless. Kenseth was moments away from making premeditated contact. By the time he says "still down there" a 2nd or 3rd time Kenseth was already shoving him toward the wall.

Logano gave plenty of room to Kenseth, he was well above the inside line that Kenseth could have taken if he wanted to run 2 wide.

As Brad says, at some point Logano has to brake hard, slow, and turn or put himself into the wall and/or get freight trained by Gordon and the others running the inside while he slowed enough to negotiate that turn up against the wall. Kenseth simply was gonna pile drive him no matter what move he makes, no need for Kenseth's brakes or steering wheel at that point.

Ask yourself this, if Kenseth drives into that turn and does everything exactly as he did it, except there is no other car there, does Kenseth negotiate the turn or does he smack the wall? I think the answer is obvious.

The "tire went down" story was obviously premeditated as his crew chief was quick to radio that bit of hokum. Did it EVER go down? Not that I could see, even AFTER the incident ended. Clearly bogus and the ONLY way Kenseth could explain why his car went straight toward the wall when he SHOULD have been initiating his own turn, hard on the brakes and turning left.

I don't root for Kenseth or Logano one way or the other, I root for the 24 and was happy he didn't get caught up in it and got the win.

I didn't know about the KC incident and had just tuned in AFTER the prior restart incident so hadn't digested any of that.

When Kenseth pile drove Logano, I couldn't understand why the crowd began to cheer, I figured they weren't THAT happy that Gordon took the lead. And I didn't yet understand why they would cheer the intentional wrecking of Logano.

From my dispassionate view, there was absolutely no doubt what I had witnessed. I just didn't yet know why Kenseth did it.

Made for good entertainment but I had to agree with Logano, CS move. Kenseth had nothing to lose. If you're gonna retaliate like that, you should at least have something to gain and as much to lose as the guy you're wrecking. Kenseth gained nothing except the "satisfaction" of robbing Logano of a win.

The Champ, I agree with you on the 2 classes of racers. But I have felt that has been the case since the Chase began. The other drivers are out there just to fill the track.

I like the playoff style format. But how can the other drivers participate? Sure they can race for a win. But knowing they could ruin the championship chances of a Chaser, seems to me they have ALWAYS yielded to the Chasers since that format began. Probably same case when just 2 or 3 drivers entered the last race with a shot. Other drivers were not going to race them the same way they might if a championship wasn't at stake for those few. Or else, the champion pussy footed it just to get the finish he needed without racing for a win.

Maybe the last race should decide the championship, winner take all, with ALL drivers involved. No qualifying, set the grid based on the season points, top 43 get to play. And run it at Daytona 2 weeks after Homestead. That way nobody has to cede anything, all 43 starters have a shot. Wouldn't stop a guy from taking out somebody he didn't want to be champion. But would make the racing more aggressive with a lot more drivers going for the win. Might need to put it on a short track just to reduce the danger.

Probably wouldn't work any better than what they have now.
Good eye John, Logano was going to hit the wall no matter what he did, Kenseth was going to see to that.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated