View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1) What are your actual goals for the project?

I drive the car on the street a bit to cruise nights. I used to street race a lot at one time, but where I live there is not too much competitive street racing happening. I am going to try and do some no prep racing and then there are some races that use a street racing type format being promoted up here that I would like to do. I am planning on an IA II build with a 4.25" bore and either a 4" or 4.25" stroke crank in the next year or 2. I got a deal on some Ross 42 cc dish pistons that I am planning on using for that build. I was trying to use what I had until I got my aftermarket block. Kind of trying to use this engine as a learning platform.

2) What is your budget to do the project properly? Pistons, different calibration, different fuel system, Fabrication work to properly mount the boost system under the hood. Upgrades to the other components once you start tearing up parts with the boosted power.

While I do not have an unlimited budget I do have a good amount I can spend. Depending on the price of some parts I may have to save money, but I probably have $5,000 available right now.

I have a nice set of turbo headers that were built by Jeff and they are set up for a single turbo, but I could probably modify them by cutting the driver side header and welding a T6 and a wastegate flange on it. I could buy more pistons for this engine, but will probably wait until I got an aftermarket block. I will probably go ahead and use my NOS system for this engine if it looks like the turbo deal is not feasible.

I have the ability to fabricate what I need with all the welders I have. I am a Millwright by trade so it I do a lot of fabrication. I have a pretty beefy 12 bolt rear end for my car, but I would like to get a Rossler transmission if I could. I do have a nice turbo 400 now, but I am sure that will only last so long once I start really building HP. The car has a 10 point cage in it, but it will only cert to 8.50s since as it is mild steel.

I hope this in not too bad of a read. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you,

Robert