View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question I dunno....

as a car of this caiber is unprecedented in this arena. Provinenceis one thing...documenting the journey. What happened along the way with this car is NOT inconsequential! Basically...it was autographed by eveyone who's anyone in Pontiac Nation. OK...so John Delorean HAND-PICKED the car...in what was then considered a European color....which was kind of a "JD" thing....as he developed the OHC 6 for direct competition with the European market...most likely in the F-Body format...but I digress. Next...it is "daily driven" by no other than Jess Tyree...rhymes with "are you kidding me?". Sold after only one year but used in "aerodynamic testing"....read "speed". Wonder if it came with the 3.90 or 4.33's standard with the RAIV. However at this point, I.m betting there is not much "standard" on this beast. Anyway...restoration by Scott...need I say more. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't rebuilt by Scott...as I've been told he's an even better engine builder than he is a restoration guru...which I find hard to believe knowing Scott's work first hand. Guess we'll have to settle for Dan Jensen's work. No down side here...as I know of no one anywhere near as well-versed on the Pontiac engine than Dan and of the brain trust at his fingertips. Did I mention sold to Royal Pontiac...love to see the test and get some times more telling of the actual performance of the car "in the day". If Dan and Scott "schmoozed" this car at all...it would be running 10's on Wide Ovals at Milan...and I'm not joking. Anyway...this is a car I could only dream of owning...and Mattison...yeah...Jim has verified it all. Any questions? All I know is a '70 Chevelle X-race car brought a million bucks...hoping this one brings at least that. I was watching the episode of "What's My Car Worth" where they sold Mattison's '67 GTO. Jim was looking for @ 70k....dude told him "realistically" it would be closer to @ $50k. Gaveled at 105K...just sayin'...

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.