View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use and HIGHLY recommend an electric choke if your carb is either a "hot-air" model or already e-choke and your intake doesn't have the heat tubes for hot air, crossover blocked or not being used, etc.

The problem with the E-chokes is that they make about 30 different ones and many being sold are NOT for a Quadrajet and will "clock" upside down often interfering with drop base and some factory air cleaner bases.

The one we sell is a USA made part, clocks correctly with the terminal down, correct release time, excellent quality and we've had very few of them go bad dating back nearly 20 years now.

There is not one ounce of measurable performance lost using the choke flap and shaft in your carburetor, tested that deal out about 10 years ago, so no negatives from using it, only positives. A correctly working/adjusted E-choke will provide instant cold starts in any weather and fast idle for warm-up. Without a choke most engines are OK in hot weather on a cold start but you may find them difficult if not near impossible to start and keep running in really cold weather as I did with mine when I wasn't using one.......Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post: