View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

My now departed Pontiac fellow Pontiac enthusiast (no, he wouldn't consider himself list worthy...) His name was Richard Allen. He did own a Pontiac of racing significance, though. It was Truman Fields only "A" body car, Truman raced. A 72 GTO. Richard bought it from the second owner, named John Corcoran, In New Jersey or New York, in 1980. He owned it until 2012

Richard bought a 2nd gen from some racing (Stock elim) folks, not sure where they were from, Richarcd lived in Davenport Iowa. The folks he bought the car from called themselves the White Brothers Racing. Anyone remember them???

Richard bought the sec gen firebird stocker from them, Had fancy paint he said. He drove it on the street some (this was the early 70's mind you), the neighbors already hated him, so he didn't mind...LOL

Richard WAS a racer, and a dedicated Pontiac enthusiast. parkinson's claimed him in August of 2018. His health was terrible the last few years. He and his wife had moved back to Iowa in fall of 2017 so he could be nearer his family. I made a trip from Oklahoma to vist them in Muscatine, Iowa in June of 2018, and took him to the Wisconsin Dells POCI event. He struggled mightily the whole time we were there, mostly hust getting around. After he passed, I apologized to his wife for soing that, thinking it was an awful undertaking I put him through. Whe said NO, NO, he immensely enjoyed enjoyed the trip!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...

Last edited by 77 TRASHCAN; 07-06-2022 at 01:45 PM.