View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

Now on the more resent subject....Paul Goldsmith's 1963 Tempest SD.

Funny who drops in to see what is going on in this tread!

I was with Franz Estereicher this morning at our Saturday gathering at Pasteiner's. He pulled out of his pocket a copy of my post about him and Don Morton that was sent to him from one of his friends. I didn't catch the name of his friend. But his friend said to Franz, I never new you had an interest in Pontiac's and do you know Eric? Franz told him he meet me at Pasteiner's.

Franz also told me he received two phone calls from authors, Don Keefe and Diego Rosenberg, asking about the Paul Goldsmith Tempest. He was shocked that his unlisted number had gotten out. (Thanks to Jim Mattison)

Anyway, Franz said since he had always been interested in his Corvettes he never thought about his friend Paul Goldsmith's Pontiac. BUT NOW his interest has peaked.

Franz promised to dig through his thousands of pictures to find those of the '63 Tempest and share them with me and the others.

He is on a mission to get in contact with friends at Mercedes to find out about the '63 Tempest. If it still exists in the tear down room. If so are they willing to: 1) restore it, (2) if so will they then show it, (3) Sell it so some one will restore it (4) donate it to a museum?

Amazing what a little thread will motivate people to do...pursue the 8th Trans Am convertible (missing T/A) and pyre it from Gordon Heidecker after years of seclusion. It's unvailing was at the Chicago MCACN in November. Now follow that with getting the Paul Goldsmith '63 Tempest out in the open. Hopefully it is still there.

Any one looking for a 1968 Black Firebird?