View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 TA View Post
Wrapping up the install on my guide plate system today and I have a question.

The roller lifter has two flats, one of which lines up with the oil hole. I installed the lifter with the oil hole facing the oil hole in the block. I'm assuming that if the oil hole in the lifter faced away from the oil hole in the block, it would still get oil due to the ring around the lifter.

I ask because I don't want to screw something up and two, when I was double checking the valve lash today I noticed that a couple of lifters would spin with the push rod and I'm not sure that the oil hole is lined up with the block any more.

As for the system, it is pretty simple. I have it initially set and am going back to double check clearances between the lifters and plate one last time before torqueing it down.
How can the lifters be spinning with the pushrods? I’m messing with a set right now & I don’t see how that’s possible. If the lifters are free to spin, I think somethings not right . It could break the lifters. Approximately how far down is your plate adjusted. Just asking for my on reference.

I have mine all the way down. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. Good luck with the install! Anxious to hear how it goes.

Murf