View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy View Post
I did reach out then on their online tech line. I will try calling them a little later this afternoon.

In this photo, the engine seem a bit too far forward? Only one side has a matching hole in this configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that is the case you're probably going to have to bolt the mount assemblies to the engine while it's connected to the transmission lower it down on the crossmember to see if in fact one of the preexisting holes lines up, and mark the other holes, remove the engine again and drill the needed holes. This is going to be a lot of extra work putting the engine in twice so you can verify the captured style late mounts location, and drilling the crossmember

I thought you were using the ones made from steel strap iron that use the OEM mounts and provide you with another set of holes moved forward from the early mount location on the side of the block. That is the type of mount adapters I fabricated long before anyone made, and sold them in the aftermarket.

Pictured below is the late 3 bolt block to 2 hole early chassis, same idea to reverse the mounting early block to late chassis:

These are sold by Ames, but are the same as the ones I used to make out of necessity in the mid 70s.

Here is a writeup by Ken Crocie in Motor Trend how to article, explaining those adapters and other types that allow you to use early blocks in later chassis, and the 77 and later blocks in early chassis:

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ea...ount-adapters/

From the trouble you're having, I'd say the frame mounts aren't in the correct locations. Unfortunately it entails quite a bit of work to properly locate the 75, and later mount system on early subframes.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated