View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
When I said proper I meant hydraulic roller lifters on a hydraulic roller stick, in other words, the way it was meant to be, not a hybrid setup so to speak.

But, if you're curious what I like to use for hydraulic roller lifters, I prefer Johnsons.

Out of all the complaints that have been on this forum about hydraulic roller lifters, most of them are about Morels and being noisy, or the hydraulics flat out failing. Other complaints are sometimes about a broken wheel on the Comp S lifters.
But I don't ever recall anyone complaining about Johnsons.

Problem is they have been hard to obtain. I know back before this beer virus stuff even started they were having a supply problem. I waited a few months and still was no ETA on them. I haven't tried to buy a set since.
I just got a new set of Johnson's from butler last month, they are in stock. I talked to Johnson's in April and they said they had a backlog of parts to be heat-treated before they could assemble and distribute.