View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We seem to have deviated "slightly" from the original question (as we often do).

OP - many of us have suggested the Q-Jet. One reason is that it is a "spread-bore" design. By 1970 (well, 1972 for Chrysler products) ALL US producers of automobiles had adopted the spread-bore design for virtually ALL V-8 engines, because of the features I mentioned in my first post.

Exceptions (square bore design) were used only on engines that the manufacturer knew had a good chance of being raced (street driveability of less concern) or trucks which would be on the primary side with lower vacuum than a passenger engine.

Give some consideration to the reasons ALL of the car companies went to the spread bore design.

Again, your car, your choice.

I have a spread-bore on my own 350 Pontiac, a Carter TQ, and I have 150,000 carbs to choose from (none of which are imitations); so really believe in what I have recommended to you.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
The Following User Says Thank You to carbking For This Useful Post: