Thread: 73 ta flood car
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
My 70 TA was purchased and lived it's life in Ohio. If you have ever watched any of the underwater video of the Titanic wreck site, that's what 70's GM cars looked like after 10 years on Ohio roads. I see your from CA and I understand how you can't imagine how rusty midwest cars get after just a few years. Same way I can't believe how FANTASTIC AZ, CA and other western cars are after 40-50 years. Even current vehicles and trucks used as snow plows and such rust terribly still. When I service them, you don't even bother trying to remove fasteners under the truck. You start with a 3/4" drive impact and just try to break all the fasteners off. If that doesn't work, out comes the torch. Socket sets and wrenches are just a cute novelty.
The '73 has been in CA all of its life and garaged or carported most of the time. The '75 is originally from southern Alberta Canada up until I bought it 2 years ago. Its cold but a very dry climate. Its a low mile car that was always garaged.. but appears to have seen a few dirt roads in its life.

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles