Thread: 73 ta flood car
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71GP76TA View Post
Not sure where some of you guys live or what your cars have been subjected too. I understand salty roads and poor storage can destroy a car... But it sounds like some of your cars were not subjected to that. ..

My '73.. and 75 are both 100% rust free. Neither car has never been rusted or ever had rust repair.
My 70 TA was purchased and lived it's life in Ohio. If you have ever watched any of the underwater video of the Titanic wreck site, that's what 70's GM cars looked like after 10 years on Ohio roads. I see your from CA and I understand how you can't imagine how rusty midwest cars get after just a few years. Same way I can't believe how FANTASTIC AZ, CA and other western cars are after 40-50 years. Even current vehicles and trucks used as snow plows and such rust terribly still. When I service them, you don't even bother trying to remove fasteners under the truck. You start with a 3/4" drive impact and just try to break all the fasteners off. If that doesn't work, out comes the torch. Socket sets and wrenches are just a cute novelty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: