View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer
Talking Geeto Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD421 View Post
Hey Dr. Schiffer.
I was curious if Politzer has ever said whether one of 66 GTEEOH's was for some reason just a better runner than the other one? or any trivia such as one would constantly break this or that part some unknown reason?
Merry Christmas
Don
Don,
I've never heard if one car having more problems than the other. The one issue that did arise was with a popular Detroit DJ from WKNR that ran the Mystery Tiger and never shifted.

The DJ was Dick Purtan. Fortunately, there were only a few bent push rods. Dick remembers his wife telling him that during the race the Pontiac representative kept yelling to shift. That rep. was Jim Wangers. This story got plenty of play at the Woodward Dream Cruise. Dick now worked for the Old's radio channel WOMC that sponsor's the Cruise.

I gave one of Dick Purtan's radio side kick's, and a freind of mine, Al Muscovitz AKA "Big Al" Muskovito, some of Jim Wangers prints for radio contests, including the Geeto Tigers. I told Al the story. Al would not let up on the radio about it. Then when Jim came out with the ERTL Geeto Tiger cars I brought a few for give aways by the station again. This time I also told the producer, Bill Stedman. Between Al and Bill they made sure Dick's radio audiance heard the story about the bent push rods.

Tenney sent me a copy of a 1966 Royal Pontiac work order billed to the Geeto Tigers Inc for a rear brake line. I sent a copy of it to John Politzer. John called me back and said they never had a rear brake problem with any of the cars. He said it was when some one did not pay attention in removing the rear end that a brake line got damaged. But this never happened on the Tigers.

Sorry I can't help you with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09-25-2011 10;56;39AM.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	307834   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-25-2011 10;58;08AM.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	307835  

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer For This Useful Post: