View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Formula hood history

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
amendment to my earlier post;

I took 'nacho's quote about the brown hood being a 1971 at face value;
I did not see (I was looking on my phone at the time) the presence of the braces.

I can now see (probably in part because I am now looking for it) that the second image shows the bracing;
With that being said, has anyone just drilled the rivets, removed the bracing, and epoxied over the bracing rivet holes?

I will add this;
from the "1970 one year only parts" thread:

I am not quoting myself to seem egotistical, but rather, if I have this wrong, I need to correct it.
I have tried to help with that ongoing thread in the hopes of better compiling all the unique features of 1970 (and to a lesser degree the 70-72) cars for the community;
If I have added something in error, I need to be corrected.
I was told that the original 1970 formula 400 had issues and cars started showing back up at dealer mid 70 with damaged or broken hoods. That's why irs a 1 year only hood. The manufacturer of the hood had problems thus they redesigned the hood making is stronger and that was standard on all 71 to 75 formula hoods. My car is a real formula and once the 70 hood is repaired I probably will open vents with a lip. Im.not concerned about selling it or value of it not too excited about selling the hood but using it.