View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:48 PM

I used Rustoleum Rust Reformer on the underside of the floors and in other surfaces of my surface Rusted Pontiac. I used a siphon air gun to spray the liquid into the pinch welds and hard to reach areas. As stated above, it dries to form a base that will prevent further rust, and can be painted over. I paid around $9.00 for a 6 ounce bottle. I used about six of those small bottles to do the firewall back to the rear axle, covering all of the passenger floors and inside of the frame rails. After that job, I inquired at the local hardware store about buying the rust reformer in a more economical bulk size. They recommended a Benjamin Moore product called COROTECH RUST ARRESTOR . I paid about $64 for a gallon of that product. I did another vehicle, From the underside of the radiator support front suspension and firewall back to the rear bumper including the floors frame rear suspension etc. with it. Same application method. and used the whole gallon. It looks great as-is , but will be going over it with chassis black. It seems to have done the job very well, and I'll use it again and recommend it for protecting hard to reach places.

The Following User Says Thank You to wase For This Useful Post: