View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A lot of people don't turn rotors anymore because brand new they are already close to minimum spec. (Printed somewhere right on the rotor, sometimes on the edge).
The vibration you are referring to is called pulsation. If you have pulsation chances are there will not be enough meat to turn them (Resurface).

I happen to have a 2001 Silverado (360,000 on the clock and I've never had a valve cover off, still has factory freon in it) with rear wheel disc. I have no problem with mine except i go through rear pads 3 times as often as fronts which is not the norm. Usually two sets of front to one set of rear.

I owned a 2011 Sierra and it did have rear drum. Currently I have a 2015 Sierra Denali with four wheel disc. My original front rotors rusted away to nothing by the time I had 70,000 miles. I'm in south Florida so no salt. I replaced the rotors with top of the line Wagner rotors and ceramic pads (for cleanliness) and no problem since(I now have 105,000). I pull my car trailer with car 1300 miles 5 times a year and no issues.

My advice would be buy good rotors and pads and sail on.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars