View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
I run a 160 F T-stat in my race car with a Meziere electric water pump and it works fine.

Thanks for the info. Are you still running the bypass?
I'm still wondering why Meziere rep would say not to run a thermostat. I understand that if you do remove thermostat that they want a restrictor plate in place to slow water volume down to the rad.

If a thermostat is installed and nothing else changed from stock setup, the electric pump is not dead headed. It does the same operation as a mechanical pump. Am I right or wrong? I understand that if the thermostat is removed, that a person can cool the engine down to basically temp outside if run long enough. What I'm alluding to is that with the thermostat installed, you'll only cool engine to thermostat setting. Say 160 deg. You won't cool engine down any further. If thermostat is removed you could cool engine down to like 120 deg. or possibly lower. I'm wondering if that is the only reason to remove the thermostat once an electric pump is installed?

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.

Last edited by chuckies76ta; 01-25-2022 at 09:19 PM.