View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to wonder if the peak hp/torque numbers, low e.t.'s, and "makes more power every place" comment along with a 3-3500K convertor, scare people off. I imagine the "it'll never see the strip" crowd, thinking it's a race motor that would be near undriveable on the street. it would have to idle too high, not make any vacuum, overheat in town, load up/stall at a stop light, exhaust fumes kill ya, get 5mpg on a good day, couldn't run pump gas with that much compression, not move until it reached the 3K stall speed, have to adjust the valve lash weekly, and so on and so forth.

imo, it's just as important to let everyone know just how docile and user friendly these things are. things like idle rpm, vacuum produced, off idle and light throttle driveability, how it won't die if put in front of a stock convertor and 3.08's (just won't accelerate as quickly. one mans stone, is another's rocket ship.) can be driven/parked in traffic without any major issues. and on a related note how static compression does more than just add X% of power per point. you guys get the idea.

I know that's a lot to ask, but it's important stuff when you want to cruise and enjoy your car.