View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey John,

Yeah. There are 3 types (speeds) of the Fusor for metal to metal, which is the brand I am familiar with. The slow setting one is recommended for those of us who won't get it right the first attempt. Supposed to be over 30 minutes of working time, can't remember the exact time. Depends on temp and other stuff. Clamping is another issue you have to do just right or you can squeeze too much of the glue out of the seam. And generally you don't want to weld something that has been glued. Unless the glue was made for that as well. They use heat to loosen the glue to take stuff apart, and the welding just turns it into a slimy useless mess.

There is a car manufacturer in Europe I believe, higher end cars, that uses glue for the frames. That convinced me that it can hold a panel.

Good news is I spent most of yesterday afternoon working in my basement getting the area that will be my model building room cleaned out and sort of set up. Need more shelves, I have too many models. Even one of a 70 GTO that I will build to match the Lemans once (if ever) it is done.
Only problem is now I have to figure out what to do with all the stuff that was being stored in there. We are still unpacking and arranging from our move in January. So now the middle of the basement is full of

Russ

Last edited by russosborne; 12-12-2011 at 06:43 PM.