View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtomike1967 View Post
Paul, I used to live down the street from that car. I used to see it in his garage all the time when I drove by. I was always going to stop and say hi but never did.
Congrats on the purchase, its a beautiful car!
Thanks Mike! Small world.

He was selling the car because he need the cash. Super nice family.

As I understand it, the car was bought to honor their son who passed and loved old cars (GTO's?) about 25 years ago. The whole family loves the car and I think they consider it a part of the family too. Looks like they are having a tough time letting go.

I really value the history of these cars. I once bought a 64 Bonne vert from the original owner. I really didnt even like the car that much but I bought it because the daughter told stories about how she learned how to drive it when it was new. I just loved the history of the car. This one comes close. When I get the car Saturday, Im going to sit and talk with the family who will all be there about what they treasured most about it. That will really make me feel good.

They know its going to a good home because this is my first GTO and a convert non the less. Its sorta my dream car. Ive been wanting this car all my life. I said Id never sell Old Blue. After 12 years, I did and it was only because I wanted a car just like this.