View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
likely just luck of the draw. even going the less expensive route I just happened to get the wrong one. happens with everything anymore. doesn't make me think IR is bad etc.

I did plenty of research but it gets to a point I get tired lookin.

I found it interesting the EMAX uses a half the rpm electric motor and a pump with a bigger bore and stroke to get the cfm. 1750 vs the usual 3450. uses 2 belts for less tension on the pullys, big after coolers, so its all about less rpm and cooling for noise reduction. the rear intake box uses baffles and filter material to quiet that down. pressure lube pump.

compressors the life blood of the shop, when its gone i'm pretty much shut down. just when I need it to.
Compressor RPM is a huge factor ... just a generalization, but typically the slower they turn the better they are, and much quieter. The IR T30 runs at 1750 motor RPM, and about 750 compressor RPM. That EMAX looks about the same ... maybe even slower at the compressor going by the pulleys.

After-coolers are very important, they remove so much of the moisture before it ever gets to the tank, saving your tank, and simplifying air drying after the tank. Add a couple of separators between the after-cooler and the tank and you'll reduce water to the tank by 90%.

More pictures when you get it set up please