Thread: 2021 Updates..
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally got the trans back with a full rebuild and a few minor upgrades. About the only thing that was still good was the low gear set. I should have took pictures being that I'm not up on my trans lingo...but the one thrust washer was literally being eaten..that was probably the binding I felt..in the rebuild we used a torrington bearing, pump was showing excessive wear it is replaced, as well as all the clutches were worn. He was surprised it was still pulling somewhat decent times.
The weather is really going to have to come around if I even have a chance to strip test it. I had a chance the other weekend but had family commitments to attend.
So as of now the UCC convertor is back in for the initial testing to see if it works better with the new gearing or if it needs adjusted. Or was it just a trans going bad and too numerically low of gears causing excessive slippage??
I'm positive this combo still has a 10.5 maybe a 10.4 in it..maybe quicker..just hate the wait...maybe I need to trailer south.

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471
The Following User Says Thank You to ta man For This Useful Post: