View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 05:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ZeGerman ... depends a lot on what environment the car lived in, type of insulation, if the wire was undersized from the factory etc. Cars that spent their lives down south in humid weather, or close to the ocean ... going to have problems. Cars in the north with half the year cold, dry air ... you can find some very good harnesses.

Dash harness I used was from a 58K mile, northern car ... removed and stored in the 90's, and I found zero issues with it besides the sub harness to the blower motor which I replaced with new. Most of the terminals still shiny brass ... did have to replace the fuse clips in the fuse box. And yes humidity will creep up the wire under insulation but you can usually tell if there is a problem with close examination.

If money is not an object then there is probably zero reason to use an old harness though. BUT ... save the old one ... and leave all those factory kinks in it to help you remember the twists and turns it's supposed to have snaking around inside the car.