View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird View Post
Thanks for the help. I am thinking that my final engine I want for my car will be about 440 CI. I am going to buy a IA block and was thinking of keeping the bore at 4.185 bore so I don't have head gaskets issues. I am still thinking of how to build this engine and I am on the fence as what to do CI wise. With the IA block it might be more beneficial to go with more CI though. Just thinking out loud more or less right now on this build. I would also like RA V heads, but you know how wanting is and actually getting goes.

I do have a 467 that is a runner right now that I am planning on starting my turbo build with.
Personally, I would pick out the turbo I wanted to run and build the engine to match it, keep the turbo in its "happy" range.

Without doing the calculations, shooting from the hip so to speak, if you were to buy the S475 and use on the 467, at low rpm, low boost, correct sized exducer, it should be fine at low boost levels and I think meet your current goals, it would have virtually zero lag time as well.

Then if you do build a bigger engine, you could buy another s475 and with twins meet your goals then with a shortblock that can handle the power. The s475 route is the cheapest I've come up with to make good power in a twin configuration.

Other wise you could buy a turbo in the 88-103mm range that would work on both, more money up front for the turbo, but somewhat of a one time expense. Generally speaking, you need a bigger "cheap" turbo to make the same power as a smaller turbo built for class racing, mostly due to billet wheel designs and the cost that go with them.

If you get everything match right, it is really hard to not make big power with turbos.