View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 57 the thrill of victory

my b-ball days were a special time in my life. during my last 2 years i think we won close to 30 games each year & lost only about a dozen or so. our coach trained us well & would layout our plan of attack for each game. both our offensive & defensive plans depended on who we were playing. one night he had planned everything so perfectly that we beat a class 3a school by nearly 20 points. we were as small as you could get, class c. so nobody really gave us a chance before that game. it was just 1 of those special nites when everything just fell into place. it was 1 of my best games ever. i think i scored 22 points & didn't miss a single freethrow. i later experienced several nites like this while bracket racing. sometimes everything just falls into place, even if your not quite up to par that nite. maybe a couple of guys red lite, 1 breaks & you even get the bye run. you only have to make 1 decent pass to get the win. now that don't happen that often, but it has happened to us several times. but most wins you have to earn. the lessons i learned from competitive b-ball served me well in bracket racing & probably helped contribute to my success & enjoyment of the sport. i'll try to send a b-ball pic from my senior year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1856.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	270468