View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
There isn't much difference in total weight of an IA block with Ali heads than a stock block with iron heads. The iron IA blocks weigh about 47-50 lb more than a stock block, but that should be offset by the weight savings of an Ali head compared to a cast iron head.
it's the whole package. I replaced more than just the block. I'm pretty sure the TKX weighs more than the M20, not sure how much. Also I have a Quicktime bellhousing and a Hayes billet flywheel that I'm pretty sure also weight more. When I put the car on the scale I have near my place, it weighed about 120 pounds more. The heads do help offset the weight some, but it's definitely sitting lower. I noticed it immediately when I saw the car on the ground. The spacers sound like a good place to start. Although, with more weight up front would a heavier rate spring be a good idea too?

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share