View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm thinking the only way out for you is to change the front springs. Checkout Global west videos that Doug has posted on you-tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPosx2oStU He talks about cutting the spring coils if ride height is too high. I realize that is not you problem, but chances are if you put new springs in it could be an issue.
Only other way is spacers like mentioned. I'm not really a fan of them. Your in the same situation as us. We put an IA2 in our 68 Firebird and the front is too low. I decided to go with Global west upper an lower control arms with coil overs. Other little helper would be shocks with coil springs on the outside. Slows the bounce down. The one thing I find is when the front end gets heavier the springs don't do as good a job at controlling bounce at high speeds. Other nice thing about dual adjustable shocks is you can tune the front movement. There is lots more too this obviously but that's where suspension techs come in.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
The Following User Says Thank You to chuckies76ta For This Useful Post: