View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
We don't even own a new car anymore. Sold that stuff years ago and rely on the classics for transportation now. The Z gets 21 mpg with it's 5 speed so it's a pretty nice long distance runner. None of them have AC though, been going without that for years.
I do have a 16 year old duramax that I use for towing or hauling (everyone needs a truck). Not a daily though, and most of the time it sits, sometimes for months at a time. We are just happier driving the old cars.
im in iowa so daily driving classics isnt an option with our horrible winters. you are lucky in AZ to be able to do that. & our summers are like florida lately! terrible humidity even in the mid 80's temps, just standing outside you get all sticky & sweaty in 2 minutes! i never had a/c in my teenage & 20's years & did fine, the T-tops were a big help in my 78 t/a back then though, but today at almost 50 i prefer a/c on the bad summer days but laugh when i see all the people with their windows up & ac on when its in the 70's. & like a truck, there are many times i need/use an SUV for towing & utility purposes, i have a couple friends with trucks when i need that.